Translate this page:
What we ask of our volunteers
- You are reliable and punctual. When it comes to getting refugees and people seeking asylum their bikes, there’s nothing fashionable in being late!
- You communicate and behave in a friendly, positive and respectful way at all times.
- You are aware of and sensitive to the different cultures, attitudes, religions and beliefs of other people.
- We love bikes, but first and foremost we’re a refugee charity. It kind of makes sense that all volunteers should share our values that everyone is welcome, and to be sensitive to the potential situations our bike recipients have been through.
Volunteering at the office (remote)
Our operation might look effortless from the outside, but behind the scenes there’s so much beavering going on that we’re considering a move to Canada.
You’ll need to be available for:
- Introduction and a volunteer training session
- Volunteering remotely (you’ll need a laptop and working internet)
You’ll need to be the kind of person who:
- Enjoys learning new things
- Works well as a part of a team
- Has IT skills and admin experience
- Has keen attention to detail
We can offer you:
The chance to be part of a small sociable team who are dedicated to providing bikes to refugees and people seeking asylum. You will also have the opportunity to improve your IT skills, gain valuable office experience and, of course, increase your bike knowledge!
So if you want to help out on a regular basis, please fill out this application form – let’s see how we can help each other.
Volunteer with our Cyber Cyclist programme
Our Cyber Cyclist programme is a brilliant talent development programme for our bike recipients. We run lessons from yoga, to bike maintenance, art and even cooking. All completely free of charge. If you have a skill you’d like to share with refugees and people in the asylum process, we’d love to hear from you!